Our client is one of the largest independent commodity trading houses in the world. In North America they focus on power, refined products, crude oil, and natural gas. They have significantly expanded their US based operations in Connecticut/Texas over the last few years and are now looking to add an experienced candidate in the CT office. The company has secured a $1.1b USD Borrowing Base Facility backed by major financial institutions and are committed to their growth plan in the US (trade desk doubled last two years). Most of their gas desk is in CT, with traders also in TX. Internationally they have ~150b USD in revenue (worldwide), ~1500 employees (60-80 in the U.S.)
The company is looking for a senior middle officer in Connecticut to cover North American Power and Gas. As the firm has grown their trading operations, an experienced candidate with strong commodities knowledge is needed in order for them to continue that growth. The position will allow significant interaction with the front office and trading teams, as well as giving you autonomy/ownership of your mandate from day one.
- Cover PnL and daily positions for North American Power and Gas
- Allocate hedges in trading strategies
- Cover pricing reconciliations with trading operations
- Build forward curves in ETRM, checking accuracy of those curves vs. real market value
- Monitor Var (Value-at-risk) and validate PnL positions
- 3-5 years ' experience in a commodity trading environment (commodity trading house, investment bank commodities desk, asset backed shop covering commodities) POWER AND GAS
- Comprehensive understanding of US/North American Power and Gas - real work experience in this space
- Trading system experience (programming in SQL/IT skills advantageous)
- Math background
- Minimum bachelors degree + US Work Permit
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing commodity trading firm with a great culture, autonomy/ownership of your work from day one, and great visibility/interaction with the front office and trading teams.