Are you a Data Service Software Engineer and ready for the next step in your career? Join this exciting Trading Firm, Algorithm Trader, and Market Maker that offers an impressive salary package and a stimulating and start-up atmosphere. If you love Big Data and trading and want your hard work rewarded then this could be the perfect next step in your ambitious career.
- Join one of the most successful trading companies.
- Work with top data experts from around the globe.
- Get support for training and personal development.
- Enjoy a highly professional work environment with the drive of a start-up.
- Friday afternoon drinks.
- Opportunity to shape your role.
- Possibility of relocation packages for expats.
- Amazing salary package with great benefits of up to 180.000 € per year.
The Data Department is the heart of everything. It is the foundation of success.
The Amsterdam Data Services team supports a wide variety of tools for ingress, storage, management and use of all the data generated by trading activities each day. Data informs all of the trading decisions.
- Software engineering: create, maintain and run a whole suite of data services and libraries built in-house; constantly improving these and creating new ones where needed.
- Operational excellence: make sure that the data systems are running smoothly, so that all the data is ingested continuously, persisted reliably and used efficiently.
- User consultancy: Educate all users of data, by organizing workshops and trainings, working together on projects directly with traders, quants and engineers.
- Within a complex landscape of varying systems and technologies, you'll be constantly challenged to consider trade-offs between latency, throughput, simplicity, scalability and maintainability.
To be successful you need experience with the following Tech-Stack:
The Tech stack includes an ever-evolving range of systems and technologies, and the engineers have the freedom to choose the best solution for the problem at hand. If a new technology has the potential to add value, the client will actively invest in exploring, adapting and developing it.
The Data Services software engineers currently write and maintain code in Java, Kotlin and Python, deployed as Docker images in Kubernetes. The data travels on Kafka, is stored in HDFS and accessed via Dremio, Hive, Impala and Spark.
If you are interested in discussing this role in a little more detail click apply. Even if you are not actively looking at this time but are interested in other opportunities we may have, please reach out to Eva Sassnick.