Selby Jennings is working with an Algorithmic Trading firm that is looking to hire data Engineering and Support Specialist who will write software, explore data, work closely with our research and trading teams, and interact with a variety of external partners such as data providers, brokers, and exchanges.
The role requires strong data engineering skills, experience wrangling data, and the ability to provide exceptional support in a production trading environment.
- Data Engineering: Write tools to classify, onboard, and reconcile data. Onboard datasets using Airflow, explore data, and automate tasks using a modern Python data stack.
- Production Support: Provide proactive oversight of our data pipeline, handle inquiries from internal customers, and manage issues through resolution.
- Vendor Technical Specialist: Work closely with financial and alternative data vendors to acquire data and solve issues, including Bloomberg, Refinitiv, and many others. Be the internal expert on their various delivery platforms (FTP, APIs, etc) and databases.
- Data Analysis: Parse, analyze, and understand data sets. Perform data reconciliations, validation, and quality checks. Identify and develop new processes within the data request process to enrich data.
- Strong working knowledge of Python
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experienced in at least one SQL dialect (PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MYSQL) and able to use others as needed
- Able to provide technical support in a production trading environment
- Track record of being detail-oriented (you love when everything lines up!)
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience wrangling data is preferred
- Strong programming experience in Python
- Experience managing ETL pipelines
- Experience with financial datasets (e.g. Refinitiv, S&P, Bloomberg) is a plus
- You enjoy problem solving and researching large datasets to resolve complex issues
- You thrive when collaborating with people who motivate you and make you better