A leading Renewable Energy Generation and Trading firm is hiring a Director to join the Market Risk team in Houston, TX or Arlington, VA.
This individual will be a player-coach and directly manage a team of 3-5 risk quants, technologists, and risk reporting analysts. The global team wants this Director to be hands on and in the weeds, leading from the front. You'll be expected to review market risk analytics for the energy supply and trading portfolio for institutional/commercial clients and oversee generation and risk exposure for the USA markets.
While working with this team, the Director will design new risk analytics and metrics, assist in guiding model development and enhancement, generate bid strategies, and influence supply/trading strategy overall.
The firm is leading the energy transition so renewable energy knowledge is strongly preferred. This hire will need to be well versed across a variety of products though, including: NA Power, congestion products (FTR/CRR), nat gas, LNG, carbon credits, fuels.
- 10+ years of Market Risk experience covering energy markets (physical and/or financial trading)
- Deep experience with physical energy market fundamentals
- Prior management and leadership experience
- Familiar with risk metrics and quantitative modelling
- Understanding of Python, SQL, and other technology to assist technical direct reports and tweak models
- Excellent communication needed to work with global teams