Title: Director of Statistical Modeling
Company Summary: A leading data driven financial services company is currently looking to hire a highly qualified, driven, and disciplined Director of Statistical Modeling. This company is committed to offering a full range of consumer credit card products and is one of the largest credit card banks in the United States. In this role you will be a part of the Risk Management department and be tasked with leading a team of 3-5 modelers and supervising custom model developments for the bank.
The Director of Statistical Modeling will be responsible for…
- Interacting with senior management and business owners
- Manage complex analyses and/or modeling that maximizes profits and/or asset growth and minimizes credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures.
- Anticipates issues based on knowledge of business trends and proposes direction and solutions.
- Serves as an expert consultant to senior management on highly complex issues.
- Manages the roll out of company-wide pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models.
- Partners with technology groups to define business requirements.
- Provides work direction to lower level analysts.
The Director of Statistical Modeling should have the following qualifications...
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle, or SAS.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the flexibility, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly complex environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, conceptual and quantitative problem-solving skills.