An International Firm is expanding its Private Capital/Secondaries Advisory group in Paris with a need for an experienced Analyst to bolster the team due to a high deal flow. The team has nearly 100 professionals in two core markets: primary private fund raising and secondary advisory involving private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure investment managers.
This is a great opportunity for Investment Bankers, Transaction Services Advisors and candidates in Primary or Secondary Advisory to work within a high performing group on the Sell-Side that have little competition in the market.
An International Firm is expanding its Private Capital Advisory group in Paris with a need for an Experienced Analyst for a global business with offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The team has nearly 100 professionals in two core markets: primary private fund raising and secondary advisory. PCA clients include private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure investment managers. The group is a market leading advisor to the most prestigious financial sponsors in secondary advisory having closed several high profile transactions recently.
- Primary fund raisings: PCA advises private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure investment fund managers globally in capital raising transactions for the manager's investment vehicles. This combines advisory/investment banking activity (deal origination, due diligence, strategic and financial advice, structuring, execution) with capital markets functions (sales, distribution).
- Secondary advisory: The Firm advises institutional investors seeking liquidity from alternative investments, or (ii) private equity managers seeking to recapitalise or restructure an existing investment vehicle. This group advises their clients with regard to the preparation of materials, financial position of alternative investment portfolios, sale or recapitalisation process and other items.
The Private Capital Advisory Group is seeking to recruit an Associate to join the growing Secondaries Advisory Team, based in Paris. The Associate will be the day to day leader of secondaries transactions and pitch processes working with other professionals to originate new business opportunities and to execute assignments for clients. The group operates globally so the successful candidate will focus on the French market but will also likely work on Asian, European and US assignments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing market analyses to generate potential new business leads, preparing meeting materials and participating actively in meetings with prospective clients;
- Analysing alternative investment portfolios;
- Covering and communicating with prospective investors;
- Organizing and attending meetings with prospective buyers;
- Preparing transaction information (e.g. memoranda, data room materials, investor presentations);
- Communicating with, organising and attending due diligence meetings with prospective buyers;
- Communicating regularly with, reporting to and attending meetings with the Firm's clients; and
- Working with clients and counsel to review transaction documentation, negotiate key terms of the transaction with prospective buyers and close transactions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of M&A advisory, private capital and/or secondary advisory experience preferred; however, PCA Group will consider candidates from a range of backgrounds, including other areas of investment banking such as LBO finance, fund financing, financial sponsors, principal investments and so on, as well as private banking, management consulting, and limited partner institutional investors with experience in private markets.
- The proven ability to lead complex transactions and teams through a process leading to completed advisory assignments or investments;
- Academic excellence, financial / valuation acumen, technical skills in excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong organisational skills;
- The capacity to multitask and think strategically;
- Fluent French speaker (but not necessarily French mother tongue);
- High standards of professional and ethical conduct, adhering to legal and regulatory requirements and follows the firm's policies and procedures.
If you are seeking to specialise in the Secondarys space, then please apply!