A Top-Tier American Bulge Bracket Investment Bank is looking to hire an Executive Director covering Commodities Market Risk.
This individual will operate on the trading floor as a part of the Commodities Market Risk Management team. This hire will be tasked with Market Risk oversight over the trade floor activity involving NA and EU power, gas, and oil products. This is an opportunity to lead a team of other Risk Managers exclusively focused on day to day commodity product transactions.
The firm is targeting individuals with prior experience working exclusively in the commodities space, with a preference given to individuals coming from a banking or consulting background. Must have 10+ years of experience working in Power, Gas, or Oil markets, and effective communication skills.
- Oversee daily risk oversight of commodity trading activity
- Assist in the development of risk frameworks and risk analytics for the commodities trading desk
- Work closely with Traders and other Front Office Personnel to provide risk related strategies relevant to the commodities trading desk
- Establish relationships with the broader risk division to build and maintain CCAR related measures
- Prior experience in commodity risk management
- Strong working knowledge of Power, Gas, and Oil trading activities and risks
- Prior experience with building risk frameworks, analytics, and tools
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with Front Office Personnel