- Carryout an in-depth risk assessment (ad hoc) and the ongoing monitoring of operational risk indicators
- Advising the Governing Body or Senior Management of risks to which the Firm, its representatives, customers, and businesses might be exposed.
- Establishing internal risk policy and structures for business units.
- Management and setting of the Risk Framework including Risk Appetite Framework, Limits and Control Measures, Risk Reporting and Analytics
- Establish adequate risk management processes, resources, and infrastructure to identify, measure and provide proper monitoring, reporting and management of risks relating to the company's commercial activities.
- Automating and streamlining the internal system inside the Market Risk, Trade control & Operational risk teams and working closely with the IT department to ensure systems enhancements are implemented accordingly.
- Responsible for drafting, implementing, and maintaining the following documents: risk management procedures, risk assessment matrix (Risk register), risk monitoring program and periodic risk management report.
- Cover Business Performance /Strategic Risk, Credit Risk, Operational risk, Political Risk, Economic and Reputational Risk and other non-Financial Risks across the Branch
- 10 years+ experience in an Operational risk function in both 1LoD and 2LoD Management in a Private Bank or Wealth Management unit of an international financial institution preferably within the DIFC or similar.
- Knowledge of financial services laws and regulations within the DIFC. Awareness of overseas regulations and international private banking best practices is a plus.
- Ability to manage to front office relationships as well as stakeholders
- Experience of DFSA Rules and Regulations
- Good understanding of banking and securities laws in the Middle East to support compliance advisory for cross border dealings.
- Experience in handling queries from and dealing with DFSA and other regulatory bodies.
- Hands-on, good analytical and investigation skills and able to work independently