A top American Investment Bank is looking to hire an Operational Risk Vice President to sit in its Wealth Management arm and provide oversight of the firm's branches and financial advisors. This is a key hire as you will be the Risk SME for 200+ FAs and will be responsible for ensuring policies, procedures, and regulations are being met by the branches and clients. This role will sit in Manhattan and is a great opportunity for those looking to pivot into more of a Risk Management role and get closer to the business at this point in their career.
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of Wealth Management experience including but not limited to client services, financial advisory, wealth operations, etc.; a solid understanding of SEC and FINRA regulations; an active Series 7, 8, 63, or 65; and a Risk, Compliance, Banking, or Lending background would be a plus.
- Provide oversight and act as the Risk Subject Matter Expert for 200+ financial advisors across the firm
- Proactively identify, communicate, and resolve potential risks, issues and gaps
- Work with Senior Management to ensure supervision is maintained at all times for the branches, FAs, and the firm's clients
- Ensure all applicable SEC and FINRA regulations, policies, and procedures are communicated, understood, and being adhered to
- 4+ years of experience in Wealth Management, Asset Management, or Investment Management
- Strong understanding of SEC and FINRA regulations
- Must have an active Series 7, 8, 63, or 65
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence key business stakeholders
- A background in Risk, Compliance, Banking, or Lending is preferred