An elite hedge fund is looking to bring on a DevOps Engineer to their platform engineering team. In this role you'll be the evangelist of the SDLC, implementing best development practices, and expanding the firms AWS platform.
What you'll do:
- Manage and standardise the software development life cycle, working closely with developers to enhance developer experience
- Driving DevOps strategy while leading DevOps and Development best practices.
- Managing CI/CD pipelines, helping to improving code deployment quality and speed.
- Writing code to automate infrastructure and app deployment.
- Sharing on-call responsibilities.
- Supporting and expanding the Kubernetes container platform.
What you'll need:
- 3-8+ years of hands-on experience.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A background in software development, expertise in Python programming.
- Proficiency with CI/CD and configuration management tools.
- Bonus: experience with containers and Kubernetes, cloud architecture, open-source contributions, and relevant certifications.
This role must sit in the firms Chicago office working in person 4 days per week, 1 day remote.