A Global Energy Marketer and Trading House in Houston is looking to bring on a Power & Gas Portfolio Data Analyst to their Data Team.
This individual will be supporting the greater Trading function by monitoring North American and European Power Markets and assessing impacts as it relates to Data Management, as well as report and explain P&L impact to the Middle Office and greater business.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in a Data Analyst role for another Commodities Trading firm, with an understanding of North American Power Markets. Strong candidates will possess technical skills in SQL, Tableau, Python, etc.
- Provide analytical support to the North American Power trading team by implementing new power contracts, market rules, and ISO protocols
- Report and explain P&L to Middle Office and the larger business
- Work with IT and Trading Teams to develop and test new systems and tools
- Monitor North American and European Power Markets and assessing impacts as it relates to Data Management
- Be the first point of contact for traders for new technical developments and reports
- 2+ YOE in a Data Analyst/Data Focused role
- Understanding of North American Power Markets (ERCOT, PJM, CAISO, etc.)
- Working ability in Python, SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across different business lines