Selby Jennings has been engaged by a private equity firm in Denver, Colorado to find an Analyst to join their team. This opportunity will allow you to work with some of the brightest minds in Denver.
As an Analyst, you will be responsible for underwriting, executing investment opportunities. You will also handle overseeing financial modelling and initial due diligence.
This team is tightly knit and provides a great working environment and a meritocratic approach to upward mobility.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide investment research, strategic and financial analysis support to the firm across a range of activities including but not limited to:
- Model and interpret the projected cash flow of potential and current investments
- Research and interpret financial and technical reports
- Data analysis in collaboration with internal data scientists
- Form and express opinions on the risk-to-return weighting of opportunities
- Communicate analysis findings to relevant decision-makers
- New business strategy formulation and execution
- Explore creative investment structures to meet the needs of all stakeholders
- Create and maintain connections across the mining spectrum
Personal and Professional Skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence critical decisions using both formal and informal authority
- Strong initiative, with a curious and strategic mindset
- Confident and courageous when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- A fast learner/entrepreneurial type who can adapt and pick up skills quickly
- High trust, integrity, and confidentiality, and a strong work ethic
- A sense of urgency and commitment to meet dynamic timelines
- Empathy and an appreciation for compromise in order to connect with stakeholders and resolve a common goal
- Additional language skills, as well as international travel and experience living in different cultures, are highly regarded but not required
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic background. Post-graduate degree a plus
- Two to seven years of industry experience working in mining-related sectors, including as a resource-focused brokerage analyst, corporate advisor, or investment banker.