We are partnered with a mission-driven insurance and risk management carrier for Fire, EMS & Rescue Squads. Generating more than 30,000 clients since inception, the company grew from a one-man idea around the kitchen table to one of the largest managing general agencies in the U.S. with nearly 5,000 independent brokers.
As such, the company is looking to bring on a Sales Executive to promote the sale of all GMP/Volunteer Firemen's Insurance Service Products. This individual will work with independent agents in VA and across the Eastern Shore of MD to sell the program, and will be a strong relationship builder with ESOs (Emergency Service Organizations).
- Drives sales through agents in the assigned territory.
- Collaborates with President on marketing plans, focusing on geographic penetration, premium growth, and profitability.
- Maintains visibility and communication with key health care organizations through state and regional conferences.
- Identifies and communicates industry developments affecting GHP objectives in the territory.
- Analyzes existing customers for account development opportunities.
- Assists in identifying and developing new products and services.
- Conducts comparative analyses of competitive insurance programs.
- Cultivates close relationships with key agents.
- Minimum three (3) years of commercial property and casualty sales, marketing, or underwriting experience.
- Familiarity with the health care industry and a keen interest in staying updated on industry activities.
- Willingness to engage in ongoing insurance and sales education.
- Prior experience in insurance marketing/sales is necessary.
- Preferred candidates will have post-secondary education and knowledge of emergency services operations.
- B.A. degree in insurance, business or related field preferred and/or professional insurance coursework.
- Must have and maintain current Property & Casualty license.
What they're looking for:
- Strong presentation skills for effective sales presentations.
- Robust interpersonal skills to communicate persuasively with diverse personalities internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills for efficient prioritization and goal achievement.
- Superior verbal and grammatical ability to effectively communicate and meet marketing objectives.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Willingness to travel at least 50%, including overnight and weekend travel.
- Strong ego drive and empathy toward agents, customers, and prospects.
If you're interested in working for a mission-driven company where you are making a positive impact on volunteer firefighters, or interested in learning more about this industry, please apply. Interviews will be taking place starting this week, 2/12.