A globally leading market maker is seeking an SDLC Engineer to join their team in Chicago (or NY). As a leading firm in the industry, they strive to build innovative next-gen platforms. As the SDLC Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to directly impact many aspects of the existing systems by identifying and providing solutions to having a more efficient development environment.
You'll be collaborating with a variety of development and engineering teams across the business to reshape existing workflows while building new workflows. This client is looking to pay extremely competitively for engineers motivated to solve challenging problems! To learn more about the opportunity, don't hesitate to apply.
As the SDLC Engineer you'll be responsible for:
- Developing an innovative CI/CD pipeline across the business
- Using your distributed build systems expertise to customize, integrate and extend the local build system
- Designing fast tooling integrations and automated tools
- Designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining critical services regarding source control, build systems, deployment, and job scheduling
- Inventing monitoring, reporting, and automation tools to hone in on code quality and source control
- Collaborating with engineers to understand their workflow pain points and identifying how to improve them
- Building software components and system processes
As the SDLC Engineer, you'll ideally have the following background:
- A degree in Computer Science (or relating field) from a competitive program
- Strong Python programming skills and working experience with C++, ability to successfully do a HackerRank/Codility in Python
- Strong track record of developing innovative, yet straight forward tools within a Linux environment
- Prior experience working on a developer tools team or strong DevOps or Build Engineer having had ownership of solving a problem
- Working experience with the following development tools: Bazel, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc. and container tools: Kubernetes, Nomad, etc.