An industry-leading consumer bank is seeking an analytically-driven individual to spearhead credit risk strategy for their unsecured-lending portfolios, which consist of co-brand and private label credit cards, personal loans, and overdraft. The individual will be joining the credit strategy team, which sits in the first line of defense and focuses specifically on strategy development and implementation. For this specific position, the individual will be expected to build an auto-decision and line assignment strategy for acquisitions, develop risk-based authorization strategy, and enhance line management strategy.
The bank is currently in the process of relocating its first and second line credit risk teams to the Dallas market, so joining this team in the early stages will have long-term implications. The role will begin as an individual contributor, as you will be more focused on becoming acquainted as well as enhancing their robust analytics infrastructure. However, the team is looking to add headcount as they are prioritizing their consumer lending business, so this individual can expect to take on direct reports within the first year of their employment.
- Help build line assignment, authorization strategies, and credit policy construction
- Work closely with the Data Science team to design models that address credit risk
- Conduct data analysis, data insight generation, trend identification, and data visualization to help understand credit risk drivers for unsecured consumer lending assets
- Leverage data learning to propose credit risk experiments for the credit card portfolio
- Develop new targeting, originations, and authorization scorecards and portfolio management strategies.
- Serve as an SME for all aspects of the credit card business - acquisitions, strategy, portfolio management, and originations.
- Deep knowledge of retail banking or consumer lending
- 5+ years of experience in risk analytics or credit card strategy
- Advanced Degree in a technical field
- Familiarity with Big Data, Data Analysis, Trend Identification, and Data Visualization
- Ability to effectively communicate across business lines and present findings to senior management