Responsible for providing Pricing Analysis and Technical Support for Direct Lines of Business: Workers Compensation, Commercial Auto, General Liability and Umbrella Liability on a primary, large deductible and excess basis.
Experience managing staff.
Reports to Chief Actuary, working independently on complex tasks, with minimal supervision.
Works closely with executive and senior managers to respond to market developments, regulatory changes, and corporate goals
Responds to requests from SNCC and TM managers, regulators, internal and external auditors
Assists with strategic planning and annual SWOT analysis.
Manages fulfillment of requests for data or other information from auditors, regulators, internal staff and senior management.
Solves problems and makes recommendations for process improvements.
Provide Pricing Analysis and Technical Support for Direct Lines of Business
- Maintain and participate in the development of underwriting/pricing models used by underwriters
- Participate in analysis of model effectiveness, underwriting results and profitability of in-force business
- Analyze program costs and determine expense provisions, and rate deviations, by risk classification
- Complete filing support documents for SNCC filings, including Primary WC, Auto and General Liability manual rates and rating values
- Maintain pricing support profiles and information (eg., SAWWs, LDFs, ELFs, SRP info, rate level changes, deviations/LCMs, benefit summaries, loss costs, taxes and surcharges)
- Complete risk transfer and collateral analyses, as requested
Supervise Actuaries and Actuarial Staff
- Provide coaching and guidance as needed
- Complete timely and accurate reviews
- Provide training as to develop staff
- Participate in recruiting as required
Create and maintain documentation and procedures necessary to comply with corporate policies regarding data security, backup requirements, and proper controls.
Complete special projects, as assigned.
Member of Casualty Actuarial Society
10+ years of experience in commercial lines pricing at a U.S. insurance/reinsurance company
Good communication and leadership skills
Organized with ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and other software