My clients who are a large Asset Management Firm based in Frankfurt are currently searching for a forward-thinking and results-oriented Senior Risk Manager - Risk Governance. The position is based in our office in Frankfurt.
With your in-depth knowledge in data driven business intelligence and machine learning solutions you will be key to improve our independent risk management framework through implementation of predictive risk identification approaches. You will be a driving force in supporting our automation and digitalization efforts to increase the efficiency of our second line of defense risk oversight and reporting program.
As a member of the Risk Governance team, you will be also involved in setting global minimum requirements regarding how at the company they ensure appropriate balance between business ownership of risks and independent risk oversight.
They are looking for an upbeat professional, who will be a driving force to move the companies independent risk management framework to the next level in terms of digitalization and modernization.
The role will focus on:
- Be responsible for the digitalization of our risk identification and monitoring processes, implementing capturing and handling data from a broad set of systems and the application of machine learning and other technologies to ensure our risk indicators become more predictive
- Develop technology-enabled risk reporting to senior management including smart visualization
- Drive the continuous improvement of our risk management framework considering external requirements and industry standard methodologies, always ensuring consistency across the multiple elements of the risk management framework and appropriate balance between risk mitigation and risk acceptance
- Work closely with a variety of partners across all areas of the group and provide impactful risk governance advice and independent challenge
- Excellent Master degree in Business Economics or Information Technology; post-graduate Data Scientist training is an asset
- In depth-knowledge of business intelligence tools such as MS Power Platform, MS SQL-Server products. Profound experience with MS Azure components and design patterns is a plus (e.g. ETL, Data Factory, and Machine Learning solutions)
- Proven record of applying these tools and solutions in a business context, preferably for the predictive identification, assessment and management reporting of risks and in an asset management environment. This includes experience in the software development lifecycle and in depth knowledge of relevant programming languages (i.e. Python, VBA or C#)
- Willingness to intensively take care of the variety of growing number of regulations relevant for a global asset manager, such as on sustainability matters, cloud outsourcing or the CSDR, and to reconcile the requirements with internal circumstances in order to enable sustainable and efficient implementation
- Shown understanding of internal control systems in general and relating to their efficient continuous development in the context of digitalization, changing company structures and processes, as well as external requirements
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, proficient in English and German to support effective collaboration in an international, diverse and highly interdisciplinary environment
- Self-driven individual with experience interfacing directly with senior management partners, working in diverse global teams, and ability to easily connect and quickly develop an internal network across various levels and functional areas
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and dedication to quality assured work; project management skills (e.g., PMP, Prince2) and experience are an asset