A Multi Strategy Hedge Fund with over $10 Billion AUM is hiring a Senior Risk Manager to join the front office risk team in NYC.
The fund invests in derivatives across all asset classes, and this hire will primarily cover the Equity or Fixed Income business depending on candidate experience. This is a growth hire that will focus on risk-aware portfolio construction and work directly with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Strategists, and will have some client-facing impact as well.
The risk team sits with the risk-takers and will collaborate with multiple PMs, so experience with multiple asset classes is essential; this is not a siloed position covering only one asset class or strategy. Ideal candidates are experts in derivatives trading who have at least 5+ years of experience working closely with front office teams.
Excellent market knowledge and technical skills are needed to develop macro scenarios, new analytics for the desk, and tools for risk management, pricing, and portfolio management/construction. They're looking for someone to innovate and collaborate in the front office and assist in driving risk-adjusted returns.
- 5-15 years of front office risk management experience (comp will adjust with candidate experience)
- Asset Class focus: US Equity Derivatives, US Fixed Income Derivatives, Global FX Options
- Expertise in exotic and/or vanilla options trading, option pricing, Greeks, VaR and other risk metrics
- Previous trading experience at a bank, hedge fund, or prop shop strongly preferred
- Coding/data analysis experience using Python, C/C++, R, SQL ideal