A leading energy business is looking for an experienced and self-motivated candidate to join its commercial operations team.
The position plays a key role in trading, settlement and verification of power and gas data for the team. The incumbent will work closely with internal stakeholders as well as managing relationships with external stakeholders to resolve power related market operations issues.
- Perform daily market operations involving prompt trading, generation of post day reporting, settlement/ verification of power and gas data.
- Employ analysis tools to identify opportunities, make proper and sound recommendation on trading decisions to optimize revenue.
- Constantly conduct market analysis and gather competitive intelligence on the underlying supply and demand forces and market conditions that impact the electricity market dynamics.
- Ensure all processes and transactions are consistent with the market rules, company's risk management guidelines and procedures.
- To be involved in the development/enhancement of new offer submission system, including liaising with vendor pertaining to the requirements of the desired system.
- Assist in constantly reviewing and enhancing work instructions or methodology/ business processes for the team to perform its function more effectively, productively, and reduce errors.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Business or Engineering related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of operations experience of power plant or good understanding of Singapore electricity and natural gas market desirable.
- Meticulous worker with excellent analytical and numerical skills who can handle large amount of data sets.
- Strong candidates will be considered for a Team Lead position