Technical Product Manager - Top NYC Quant Trading Firm
Location: Hybrid NYC
Compensation: $175K - $200K+ Base (Discretionary Bonus also included)
We are working with a Tier 1 Quants low-latency trading firm based in NYC who are looking for a highly-technical candidate to support their world-class development team in delivering their trading and research products across the firm. The firm was founded in the early 2000's and have since built a historical reputation for their deep roots in computer science, engineering, and mathematics.
This role will be sitting on a newer team within the business which provides an excellent opportunity to help lay the foundations of a fast growing group that has become integral to development, research, and trading operations. This role will directly support the firm's most technical end-users and will include Debugging & Programming responsibilities on top of supporting their software engineers in creating and improving their internal facing tools.
This role would be ideal for someone who was previously in software development with recent product experience focused on internal tools & resources for developers working within highly technical environments that's eager to move closer towards Product & Strategy.
- Collaborate and field requirements from the Quant and Trading teams, design UX and workflow improvements and suggest new tools or improvements to existing ones.
- Gather, monitor requirements through surveys, conversations, feedback sessions, and automated reporting.
- Support and work directly with Software Engineers across Algo, Trading Technology, and Research & Development to set technical strategy, development priorities and address urgent requirements.
- You will lead the firm's 2-year strategic plans for critical tooling and Algo-facing resources with a focus on efficiency and quality.
- Minimum 3-5 years of product management experience having worked in a highly technical environment, ideally supporting similar personas or end-users.
- Prior software development/engineering experience supporting existing product management experience.
- Substantial Python & Linux experience is non-negotiable.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science is highly preferred!
If you think you're a good fit, please do not hesitate to submit your application today!