Technology Operations Engineer
Chicago, IL (hybrid, 3 days in office)
Selby Jennings is seeking an experienced and skilled Technical Operations Engineer for one of its clients based in the beautiful city of Chicago. Our client, a prominent financial services organization, is looking to expand their IT department with talented professionals who are passionate about technology and strive for excellence.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years' experience working as a production server admin.
- Expertise in scheduling tools such as UC4
- The candidate should have knowledge on how to design automation processes that integrate between different systems using UC4 Scheduler tool efficiently.
Linux operating system administration skills:
The ideal candidate must be proficient at performing Linux OS installations, configuring hardware/software components; troubleshooting network connectivity issues among other duties related to maintaining/upgrading servers running linux
Windows Operating System Administration Skills:
Candidates will need advanced competencies managing Windows-based environment including maintenance tasks like installation/updates/configuration/troubleshooting management
Mainframe Knowledge & Experience Required :
In-depth understanding required regarding mainframes Systems Hardware (zSeries) , Support Software Products( ABEND-AID/Panvalet), zOS subsystems(JES2/JCL/RACF), DASD storage devices
Some responsibilities include but not limited too;
* Plan/configure/deploy software/hardware upgrades on all platforms,
* Create documentation containing instructions/procedures/recommendations/policies relating towards various aspects of providing support within operational areas which includes incident/problem/change/release mgmt.,
* Perform analysis/debugging/resolution activities affecting multiple business units when necessary