VP - Business Development
Location: Hybrid Connecticut (1-2 Days/Week in-office)
Compensation: $150K- $175K Base & $300K - $350K+ OTE
An extremely competitive and fast-growing specialized investor relations, research, and advisory firm are looking to capitalize on their rapid market share growth with the addition of a VP - Business Development to cover their Northeast and Canadian territories.
This individual will provide key leadership for the sales group by leveraging their prior experience and network to capture market share, drive brand awareness, and bring on key new-logos to support the company's rapid rise.
The firm, based in Connecticut with around 100 employees across the country, were founded more than 15-years ago by their current CEO and have quickly entrenched themselves across the Fortune 500. Supporting firms ranging from Global Tier 1 Financial Institutions to some of the largest consumer and corporate brands, the company provide research and data-driven advisory services and to Boards and C-Suites relating to investor relations and broader capital markets topics.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing a strong understanding of the company's advisory services and research focused activities
- Strategically identify and target new potential clients across your client coverage, attend industry conferences, and expand your already existing network
- Develop and lead execution on strategies for growing market share and deliver a client-centric experience
- Build & maintain relationships with clients and identify cross-selling, up-selling, and recurring revenue opportunities.
Ideal Characteristics and Prerequisites:
- 8-10 YoE+ selling advisory, business, and/or, consulting services in financial services (Selling across Investment Banking or Institutional Investor Groups is a huge plus!)
- Proven track record in managing large-scale territories and clients with an eye for operational excellency
- Demands operational excellency with strong, efficient communication skills and very fluent in speaking with the investment community
- Is comfortable in a highly-competitive and results-oriented firm looking to cement themselves as an industry leader
- Flexible working arrangements with very competitive compensation, retirement, and healthcare benefits
- Extremely collaborative, employee oriented, and supportive culture that look to foster success rather than a "churn and burn" environment
- High progression ceiling as company looks to scale from ~100 employees
If you feel you are a great fit, do not hesitate to reach out and get your application started!