VP Portfolio Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each client's portfolio administration and risk management align with established bank credit policies, procedures, business strategies, and regulatory guidelines. This includes a focus on credit risk assessment and portfolio quality.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and the financial health of borrowing clients.
- Oversee the tracking and enforcement of customer reporting covenants, and promptly communicate any non-compliance or issues to management.
- Manage the tracking of collateral and trends within the portfolio.
- Provide guidance and supervision to credit and portfolio analysts as necessary.
- Offer recommendations for credit approvals and appropriate credit structures when warranted.
- Actively participate in Portfolio Management Committee and Loan Risk Rating Committee discussions.
VP, Portfolio Manager Qualifications:
- Exceptional analytical skills, critical thinking abilities, and effective communication skills.
- Substantial experience managing complex commercial client portfolios.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with clients, relationship bankers, and credit teams.
- Expertise in financial and risk analysis, including proficiency in financial modeling.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university, preferably in Finance or Accounting.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in credit analysis and portfolio management within Commercial Banking.