A top investment bank has expanded into commercial banking and as such are searching for strong senior engineers! This new line of business already has numerous product offering and is widely considered the firm's main focus.
To build this business unit, the firm is taking a new approach to finding talent! You will have the opportunity to interview with 3-5 teams within the division. Based on these interviews, you will team with the firm to find the best fit for your skillset and interests.
This opportunity is open to any engineer with at least 5 years of experience coming from any industry. Ideal candidates will have experience using Java or Python as well as exposure to tools such as Spring, REST APIs, Kafka, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and/or AWS.
If you're looking to lead a team, be a high-level individual contributor, or anything in between this opportunity is for you!
- 5+ years of experience with full development lifecycle - requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing
- A minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in Java 8 is mandatory (experience with lambdas and streams)
- Experience developing Kafka producers and consumers using Java as well as using the Confluent Schema Registry
- Extensive experience in Spark leveraging Java, Python, Scala or R
- Experience using NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elastic Search
- Hands on experience with creating CI/CD pipelines
- Hands on experience with AWS services, specifically data storage, compute, analytics
- Experience in developing software solutions leveraging Test Driven Development (TDD)
Additional useful qualifications:
* Experience providing technical leadership
- Development experience writing applications using big data frameworks such as Yarn, MR, HDFS, Hive, and Presto
- Development experience using AWS analytics services such as Athena, Redshift, Lake Formation, Glue, QuickSight, Tableau and EMR
- Expertise in Data governance and Data Quality
- Experience with data encryption & key management best practices, especially using AWS KMS
- Experience working with PCI Data is a plus
* AWS Certification is a plus