I am working with one of the top American Investment Banks in the New York area who is looking for talented quantitative model developers to offer model development support for the firm's wealth management business line as the firm's deposits are in growth mode. These hires will be tasked with developing consumer wealth management models from scratch and need to be able to defend their models and claims to stakeholders and senior management.
The role will be responsible for developing models from scratch to contribute to the firm's wealth management business line. Before the models go live, they will need to be able to effectively articulate and defend these models against the stakeholders and model challengers. Along with owning the end-to-end modeling life cycle, these candidates will be working on several modeling projects at a time so being able to balance a stimulating workload will be needed for this role as well. Some of the models developed will be across products such as mutual funds, deposits, structured products, and brokerage and distribution.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with prior wealth management modeling experience, along with prior CCAR model development experience so that they have encountered situations where models are heavily scrutinized and need to be defended to stakeholders. Proficiency in Python along with being able to effectively communicate with senior management and other cross-functional teams across the firm is required for this position as well. A PhD degree is strongly preferred.
- Developing machine learning models from scratch to contribute to the wealth management business line for the firm
- Leading modeling projects from end-to-end
- Offering sufficient model development support to the wealth management team
- Articulately and effectively defending models to stakeholders and challengers
- Prior experience in wealth management, machine learning, and/or CCAR model development
- The ability to effectively defend models to business stakeholders and interface with senior management
- Proficiency in Python and a quantitative skillset