We are seeking an Executive Director- Head of Compliance & Financial crime for an Investment Banking client in Luxembourg. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the company has an effective financial crime and compliance program in place. Your responsibility entails recognizing regulatory obligations and crafting, revising, and upholding the pertinent sections of the manual, guidelines, policies, and procedures related to Compliance and Financial Crime (FCC) to align with both local and global standard.
- Create and keep up-to-date policies and training to prevent money laundering.
- Make sure the company follows the rules and safeguards against financial crimes, market abuse, and regulatory violations in the region.
- Evaluate new laws and policies to see how they affect Luxembourg businesses related to Compliance and FCC. Share this information with top management and suggest necessary changes to stay compliant.
- Take part in business meetings and groups, offering your expertise on regulatory issues in Compliance and FCC risk.
- Supervise the local regulatory requirements, including MIFID & MIFID rules, Market Abuse Regime (MAR) rules, Conduct of Business rules, AML Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions, KYC aspects (PEPs, CDD & EDD), Regulatory Reporting (when necessary), and provide management with relevant information.
- Offer proactive Compliance and FCC advice to management and staff in various business areas, including input and guidance on strategy, new products, and key decisions that could involve Compliance and FCC risks.
- Train new employees and provide additional regulatory training as needed on topics related to Compliance and FCC.