Role: Legal Counsel (m/w/d)
Reporting to: Head of Legal
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
An international leader in the area of Trading is searching for a Legal Counsel in Frankfurt. In this role you will be responsible for providing legal and regulatory advice on products, strategies and policies. The ideal candidate will work to achieve organizational goals while minimizing legal risk.
- Assist the team on all legal and regulatory topics across several jurisdicitions (Germany, UK, Canada, Australia)
- Making recommendations on strategies and initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group
- Participating in the design of legal advice strategies & approaches for business unit activity
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies & procedures
- Identifying risks and implementing appropriate actions to mitigate them
- Resolving daily issues and/or escalating with appropriate analysis and/or recommendations for improvement
- Canadian Qualified lawyer or knowledge of the Candian legal system
- Ideally has recent experience in with a magic- or silver-circle, or white-shoe, law firm, or in an in-house legal counsel role within a major financial institution
- A logical, practical and consultative approach to work
- Strong attention to detail and the ability meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English and French is required
If you would be interesed, please reach out to Matthew Carton at Selby Jennings.